The CAT-a-thon is the annual fundraising campaign of the Corvallis Aquatic Team. Our swimmers raise funds for the team by requesting donations or pledges-per-lap from family, friends, and other supporters. The money raised is used to keep the monthly dues of our families reasonable by funding coaching costs, equipment used by all members of the team, team events, and other expenses.
New this year! We have registered as a Swim-a-thon with the USA Swimming Foundation and will be supporting their efforts with a 5% donation of CAT-a-thon receipts. The USA Swimming Foundation serves as the philanthropic arm of USA Swimming. One of their key programs is the Make a Splash initiative, which seeks to provide life-saving swimming lessons to children across the country, regardless of their ability to pay. We are excited to contribute to this important cause as part of our efforts to raise money for our own team.
The swimming portion of the event occurs on Saturday, April 27, 2019, when each participating swimmer completes as many laps of the pool as possible in a 2 hour period. Some swimmers elect to have sponsors donate on a per-lap basis; others prefer to just request donations. Participating swimmers have a swimming party and have the chance to earn CAT gear and other incentives!
Check out our CAT-a-thon video from 2016:
The date may be different, but the sentiment is the same!
"Why We Love Swimming"
Here's how you can help:
1. Support the team by making a donation via cash or check. The donations can be given to a current member of the Corvallis Aquatic Team, dropped off in the locked CAT-a-thon box in the CAT corner of the Osborn Aquatic Center lobby, or can be mailed to CAT, c/o Rhonda Soule', 2035 NW 23rd St., Corvallis, OR 97330. Checks should be made out to Corvallis Aquatic Team.
2. Make an online donation by clicking the donation button below. Payments can be charged to any major credit card or to your Paypal account. Please keep in mind that CAT does incur a 2.2% charge for this service. Important! If you are making a donation at the request of a specific CAT swimmer or swimmers, please enter their name(s) in the "add a note" or "enter swimmer's name" fields.
Please read below for a list of just some of the benefits of participating in the sport of swimming, and thank you for your support of the Corvallis Aquatic Team!
Swim team participation has been shown to develop:
- Skills for water safety
- Cardiovascular endurance that will carry over into all athletic endeavors
- An efficient stroke for a lifetime of aquatic fitness
- Higher self esteem, discipline, teamwork, and friendships
<FONT FACE="ariel"><font size="6"><center><b>
<img src="https://www.teamunify.com/oscat/__doc__/cat%20logo%20small%20red.bmp"> <img src="https://www.teamunify.com/oscat/UserFiles/Image/QuickUpload/foundationlogotagline1f7c37fa6cbc6a0a9b57ff00009030c2_015548.png" width="80" height="60">
<font size="4"><font color="red">~~~Thank you for helping us fill the pool! We have raised $24,865 of our $20,000 goal ~~~
<font color="black">Click <a href="https://www.teamunify.com/TabGeneric.jsp?_tabid_=79795&team=oscat">here</a> for more information<font color="black"><FONT FACE="ariel"><font size="5"></center></b></i></b></i>