Welcome to Wave Aquatics
About Lifeguard Training
In order to register for a lifeguard training course, students must be 15 years old on or before the last day of a scheduled course. All participants must pass a pre-test on the first day of class.
- 300-yard continuous swim, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim freestyle, breaststroke or a combination of both. Swimming on the back is not allowed. Goggles may be worn during this portion of the pre-test.
- 10-lb. brick retrieval from the bottom of the pool (7 - 10 ft. depth) - This test includes swimming 20 yards, retrieving the brick from the bottom, swimming the brick back 20 yards, and climbing out of the pool without using the ladder or steps, in under 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- 2-minute water tread without the use of your hands. Hands are to remain under the armpits, on your shoulders, or in the air.
Successful Class Completion
All students must:
- Attend and participate in all class sessions
- Be able to demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities
- Be able to demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios
- Pass both the Section 1- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid and Section 2- Lifeguarding final written exams with a minimum grade of 80%
Registration is now available online, starting now until the first day of class!
REGISTER NOW FOR LIFEGUARD TRAINING
A successful pre-test, and attendance to all days and times is required for successful course completion.
For more information please contact us at:
Juanita Aquatics Center
COURSE DATES & LOCATION
No Course Dates Currently Set
For more information please email email@example.com
Safety Training for Swim Coaches
If you are interested in a safety training course, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lifeguard Training - $225 (includes book and CPR mask)
Lifeguard Review Course - $150
First Aid/CPR/AED - $115
Safety Training for Swim Coaches - $45 (not including American Red Cross online content fee)