The competitive program provides swimmers (ages 8-18) with the opportunity to learn the skills of synchronized swimming, develop routines and engage in team competition. The season starts in September and is about 9 months long. The number of times swimmers practice per week depends on their level. Younger swimmers practice 2 to 3 times per week. The elite athletes practice 5 to 6 times per week.
Training is part pool time focusing on figures and routines and part dryland training focusing on core strength, flexibility and aerobic workouts.
Swimmers compete with teams from around the province and across Canada depending on their level.
The recreational program offers young swimmers the opportunity to develop their skills with a basic level of commitment. The program is designed for athletes 5-18 years old.
The Aquasquirts classes for younger swimmers are play-based and are designed to help develop basic swimming skills. Our higher level classes (star 1-7) teach synchronized swimming skills using the Synchro Canada Star program as well as stroke improvement using the Red Cross Swim Kids program. All swimmers have the opportunity to earn both Synchro Stars and Swim Kids badges.
- 1st year swimmers 7 and up register for star 1.
- 1st year swimmers 7 and up with Swim Kids 8 or above or with dance, speed swimming or gymnastics background, register for Star 2.
- If your questions are not answered above, contact our Head Coach Natalie Good @ email@example.com.
- View the 2017-2018 Recreational Schedule and Fees.
- Online registration is now open.