The following are Swim & Dive teams with Killer Whale participants.
http://www.tristatedivingcincinnati.com Audrey Capannari
All Swim teams are open to all swimmers of any level. You do NOT have to try out although they may want you to swim to assess the group assignment. All have information nights OR are happy to talk to you at any time about swimming in their program.
Most programs start in September for the Winter season which runs thru early March. Winter season swims a 25 yard pool. Most teams also offer a summer program that swims Long Course (50 meter) meets (you can do this & MtL).
The teams below are USA Swimming clubs, a national swim organization. You choose your meet participation including days of a meet according to your availability. Some host meets and require parent volunteers to do so.
What to look for?
- Practice Schedules and Parent commitment that fits your interest including practice times and team requirements that offer flexibility for your child to participate in other activities or sports & parent interest to be involved in the program.
- Fees and payment schedules - are meet fees included? Winter only or Long Course (summer) programs?
- Location and car pool options.
- Knowledge and experience of the coaches and your child's enthusiasm for coaches and pool after visiting.
- Size of team in your child's age group - some like the individual attention of small teams, others prefer larger teams that offer more social interaction/attraction & practice options.
- This is NOT a life long choice, you can start with one team and switch the next season. Many of us have been with more than one team over time - needs and interest changes. Talk to the parents and kids below for more information about a specific team. A team should also allow you to try a week without charge but usually require a commitment for the entire season.
Did you know... in most High Schools, Swimming is an inclusive (no cut) program and encourage participation of all levels. Swimmers tend to have the highest GPA of athletes over any other sport in HS and College. Swimmers learn to budget time & set goals.
(Please submit updated info on teams via the 'contact us' link on the left and I will post - I can only post what I know!)
Cincinnati Aquatics (Swim Team)
Cincinnati Marlins (Swim Team)
Link to Info on Joining (note: open House dates have passed, but call for an individual meeting)
Locations include NKU and StX Keating Natatorium.
CM Flyer for information about open house or contact the team during the weekday for more information.
Hydra Swimming (Swim Team)
This is a newer team in the area, out of Walnut Hills new pool! Please read this flyer regarding the information night or contact the team for more information.
Mariemont Aquatics (Swim Team)
Location: Mariemont High School
Mercy Healthplex Sea Wolves (Swim Team)
Anderson Barracudas (Swim Team)
Location: Lyons YMCA