Comox Valley Aquatic Masters Club
If you want to improve your fitness, health or swimming technique with coached swim practices and positive fellowship, the Sharks Masters Club could be just the program for you.
Whether you have moved here from somewhere else, had a long “hiatus” from swimming, or want to improve your speed and skills for swim meets or triathlons, we encourage you to get in touch with us.
And, don’t let the term “Masters” intimidate you! It simply means we are 18 years of age, or a lot older, and love to swim.
Where and When Do You Swim?
- We swim at the 19 Wing Comox Fitness and Community Centre pool, 1575 Military Row, Comox (Ryan Road and Military Row which turns into Pritchard at the airport roundabout)
- You do NOT need to be in the military to participate. Our club includes service members and civilians.
- Our practices are: Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 6:10am to 7:30am.
- Please be at the pool at 6am when it opens so we can receive coaching instructions and be in the water at 6:10am
- Our season runs from mid-September to mid-July
- Our first practice of the 2019/20 season is Monday, September 16th.
Who Can Join?
We cater to all levels of swimming but you need some basic swimming skills and some endurance. If you can swim some lengths of the pool and want to improve your strokes, stamina and speed, then we have a lane waiting for you. You can start in our slow lane and gradually work your way up. You should feel comfortable swimming at least 500m (20 laps) in a one hour period.
If you are speedy, we have a lane for your too. In recent years our fastest swimmers swam 100m free in about 1:00 and in one hour of swimming would cover between 3,000 and 3,500 meters.
If you’re not sure about fitting in please email our Masters Rep. Shannon Montgomery at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for the 2019/20 season is now open.
Fees for the program is $800 for the season, you may come to as many practices as you are comfortable with.
- for the first month you are charged $140 which is $80 swim fee + $45 Masters BC fee (needed for insurance purposes) and a $15 club admin fee
- for subsequent months you are charged $80 per month
10 practice 'punchcards' can also be purchased, which lets you attend any 10 workouts for $150, after that you can renew or join with the monthly fee.
- at first sign-up you are charged $210 which is $150 swim fee + $45 Masters BC fee (needed for insurance purposes) and a $15 club admin fee
- for subsequent punch cards you are charged $150
You can contact Head Coach Tyler if you have any further questions about the program.