BLACKHAWK COUNTRY CLUB
2020 FALL SWIM PROGRAMS
Blackhawk Country Club (BCC) is pleased to announce the 2020 Fall Swim Program. This program is a competitive swimming program and is intended for intermediate and advanced level swimmers ages 6 and up. This program is not a learn to swim program and all swimmers must be water-safe and able to swim multiple laps in the pool unassisted. The Fall Swim Program is run by Head Coach and Aquatics Director Sean Quackenbush.
COVID-19: Groups will remain static and unchanged to the extent possible. Minor changes to group or lane assignments may occur between sessions 1 and 2, depending on registration. We will abide by the most current County mandates and requirements (subject to change). Should County mandates change, look for email communications regarding any impact to the the program.
SESSION INFORMATION: The Fall program will be broken into four separate sessions for registration and billing purposes.
August 17 - September 25
SESSION 1 - MAKE UP PRACTICES: Due to cancelations from fires & high AQI, we will be running four (4) make up practices: Mon 9/28 - Thurs 10/1/20.
There will be no practice on Friday, 10/2
Practice Time (M - F)
Fee* (5 Days/Week)
||3:00 - 4:00 pm
Group 2 (A)
Group 2 (B)
4:00 - 4:45 pm
4:00 - 5:00 pm
||5:00 - 6:30 pm
||6:30 - 7:30 pm
- *15-18 Non-Member Fee: Fee + $45 Non-Member Charge
- No Practice Days: Monday, September 7th (Labor Day) & Friday, October 2nd
- You must practice in the group you are assigned to (no exceptions)
- SESSION 2 (Continuation of Session 1):
Dates: October 5 - October 30
Practice Times: Same as above (Session 1). Swimmers can not change group/time.
Fees: $ 225 (Members)
$ 270 (15-18 non-members only. Check Payable to: Blackhawk Country Club)
Priority Registration: 9/7 - 9/9/20 (Now Closed)
For returning Session 1 swimmers only (no siblings/families members), must accept same group and practice time as Session 1.
Open Period: Monday, 9/14/20 @ 8:00 AM through Tuesday, 9/15 @ 6:30 PM, space permitting. (Now Closed)
Programs will be available through late December for additional fee.
- SESSION 3 (Dates: November 2 - November 25 )
- SESSION 4 (Dates: November 30 – December 30)
Registration Link Coming Soon
FALL SWIM MEETS:
Typically, Blackhawk has partnered with the Walnut Creek Aquabears and their USA year-round swimming program for the fall season. This partnership provided access to USA sanctioned swim meets. With the current COVID-19 restrictions USA Swimming is not currently sanctioning meets and we do not anticipate they will before December 30, 2020. We do, however, expect to have time trials or virtual meets during the season where the swimmers will be able to challenge themselves in races.
STEP 1: BCC Membership Required. Membership must remain in good standing for the duration of the program.
- Non-Members: Fall Swim is only open to those with a valid BCC membership of Swim/Fitness or above (Excluding 15-18 year olds - See Below). Non-Members, do not register, instead contact Nikki Ericksen: Nericksen@blackhawkcc.org or at 925-736-6503. Once you have a valid BCC member number, you may proceed with registration. Please time accordingly.
- 15-18 year olds: BCC Membership is not required; preapproval is required from Coach Sean prior to registering. Once approved by Sean, please enter ‘15-18’ as your member number during the registration process. Additional non-member fee applies. A check payable to Blackhawk Country Club, is due no later than the first day of practice. No swimmer will be allowed entry until such time as payment is received.
- Returning Members: Returning HOX Swimmers & current BCC members, your registration fee will be charged to your membership and will appear on your BCC statement. Memberships must be in good standing for the duration of the program.
- New Members: New swimmers to BCC please contact Coach Sean for a mandatory evaluation prior to registering.
STEP 2: Swim Team Ready & Mandatory Evaluations
- Swim Team Ready: Your child must be able to swim laps unassisted in at least one competitive stroke. (Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke or Butterfly).
- All new swimmers: If you are new to HOX swim, DO NOT proceed with registration (also no Mini HOX registrations). Instead, please contact Aquatics Director Sean Quackenbush: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to request a mandatory in-water evaluation.
STEP 3: Once the above two steps are satisfied, continue below:
- Important: If you choose to proceed to registration and your child is not swim team ready or you are new to the Blackhawk Swim Team and did not contact Sean, your registration will not be approved and your fees will not be refunded (see Step 2 above & contact Coach Sean).
- Late Registration Fees: Regular registration closes September 27. After September 27, there will be a $50.00 fee added to your bill.
- Registration Submission: Completing/submitting registration is not a guarantee of a spot in the program. If you register and can not be accommodated, you will not be charged.
- Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds once registration is submitted for any reason. Do not register if you have any concerns related to COVID-19 as there are no refunds. Should program be shut down, BCC will consider pro-rating for portion of session not completed.
- Please Note: Do not log in to your TU account to begin. Instead, click on the link below.
- If you are interested in signing up for Fall Session 2 - (NOW CLOSED). Emails will be time stamped and reviewed to ensure that any spot available is a good fit for age and swim ability. You will be notified by email if a spot is available and must accept the time & practice group that is assigned or forfeit spot. Upon acceptance, registration instructions will be sent.
Registration submission is not a guarantee of a spot in the program