CRIMSON AQUATICS – ANDOVER PRACTICE SQUADS
Age Group 1 (AG1)
– This squad is for the 9 and younger swimmer. Swimmers practice 2-3 days per week. It is recommended that swimmers maintain a schedule that keeps them developing toward the AGS squad.
Age Group 2 (AG2)
- continues to build on the stroke and technique work of the Novice squad, as well as introduce training and racing skills to the swimmers. The main goal of AG2 is to develop a love for the sport of swimming by teaching new skills, giving swimmers new challenges, and helping them to enjoy racing. Ages in this group range from 8 to 10 years. Swimmers in AG2 must: - Be proficient in 4 strokes and turns - Commit to a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 practices a week - Attend meets whenever possible
Age Group 3 (AG3)
- This squad was created, generally, for the 9-10 year old swimmer who has been on the Crimson Team and has achieved a designated level of success based on effort, practice consistency, meet participation, and time standard achievement. The young swimmers recommended for AG3 have been recognized by the Crimson coaching staff as potential Championship qualifiers, and the group will be specifically working towards seasonal goals which include developing a good work ethic, continued stroke and technique development, and a love for racing! Criteria for recommendation into AG3 include: - Must commit to a min. of 4 and a max. of 5 practices a week - Must have at least 8-10 10 & under “BB” times, or 2 “A” times in more than one stroke. Having "BB" times in the 200 IM & 200 free is a good gauge for this group. - Attendance of meets throughout the season is a priority
Junior 1 (JR1)
- This squad is designed as a bridge from Age Group squads to our Senior squads and is mainly for the 11-12 year old B/C swimmer or first year 12 & young 13 yr old. This group will continue to build on the techniques and skills taught in the Novice and Age Group squads, as well as introducing training and racing skills to the swimmers. The main goal of Junior 3 is to develop a love for the sport of swimming by teaching new skills, giving swimmers new challenges, and helping them to enjoy racing. Swimmers may practice from 2 to 4 times per week.
Junior 2 (JR2)
- This squad is designed primarily as a building block into the Junior 3 squad. This squad serves a wide range of ability levels, but most specifically those swimmers who have proven to be ready for more training oriented practices. Most swimmers in this group are at the BB and B level. Criteria for recommendation in JR2 include: - Must be at least 11 years old - Must commit to a min of 3 and a max. of 5 practices a week - Attendance of meets all season is strongly encouraged.
Junior 3 (JR3)
- This squad is designed to meet the needs of the 11-12 year old swimmer who has been in the competitive swimming and has achieved a designated level of success based on effort, practice consistency, meet participation, and time standard achievement. This squad will allow a much smoother and more prepared move to the Senior squads. Swimmers recommended for Junior 3 have been recognized by the Crimson coaching staff as potential Championship qualifiers and this group will be specifically working towards seasonal goals which include developing a good work ethic, continued stroke and technique development, goal setting for meets, and a love for racing! This group is for the Crimson swimmer whose goal is to be a multi-event A/BB. Criteria for recommendation into JR3 include: - Must commit to a min of 4 and a max. of 5 practices a week - Must have at least 2 “A” times in more than one stroke and a minimum of a BB time in every stroke in the 11-12 yr old age group. - BB times in the 200 IM & 500 free are required for this group. - Attendance of meets all season is a priority - Coaches reserve the right to place swimmers in meet events
- The Senior 1 squad is designed to serve as a progressive set of steps between the Junior squads (12 & under), and Crimson(15 & over) squads. The Senior 1 swimmers will be expected to maintain a minimum level of practice attendance. Coaches reserve the right to recommend that swimmers, who are consistently unable to maintain the practice standards, transfer to another squad. Placement into either group can only be made with the recommendation of the coaching staff. Criteria for participation in SR1 include: - Minimum of 5 and maximum of 7 practices per week. Should have multiple 13-14 "A" times. - Meet participation is required -Swimmers must be able to train consistently at the level of the group. Before moving into the squad swimmers must be leaders in their group and on the fastest interval. Technique must be sound so injury does not occur.
Senior 2 (SR2)
- This squad is designed for the 13 and older swimmer who needs more of the physical and stroke development necessary for the Crimson level, or does not want the demands of the Crimson Squads. This group will continue to enhance stroke technique as well as develop cardiovascular conditioning. These swimmers attend practice 3-5 times per week. Attendance of meets is strongly encouraged. We do expect a wide range of motivational levels in this group and will coach according to the needs of each individual.
Our Crimson program is structured to produce outstanding swimmers and leaders through intensified training and competition at the national level. Crimson Squad swimmers by definition comprise the most dedicated and skilled swimmers on our club. They are an elite training group. As an elite group, crimson swimmers will maintain a rigorous training schedule. This schedule will allow them to reach new physiological and psychological levels that will become a launching point for future success. Only those swimmers willing to embrace the following practice standards should register for the Crimson group. This is a commitment not a convenience. The following standard applies throughout the year, fall through summer. Participation in a full meet schedule is required
Crimson 1 (CM1)
- Defined by the same elite standards as the Crimson 2 squad. This squad will require a slightly lesser commitment, but will be expected to maintain the group standards to remain in the group. Commitment of 6 water practices (Mon-Fri) and all dryland and Saturday/Sunday water practices per week. All swimmers in Crimson 2 should be preparing themselves for Crimson 1 or college level swimming. The standards of commitment and competition will apply throughout the year.
- Commitment of 7 water practices (Mon-Fri) and all dryland and Saturday/Sunday water practices per week. The coaching staff is aware that some training weeks may present unforeseen attendance difficulties. Make-up practices may be available through the Senior Squads with permission. Our purpose is to develop a cohesive training group that will allow dedicated swimmers to reach National prominence.
MOTIVATION TIME STANDARDS CAN BE FOUND : http://www.usaswimming.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabId=1488