The Mission Valley YMCA Seals Swim Team endorses and promotes the USA Swimming Safe Sport program. It is a requirement for all USA Swimming Clubs to have policies on the Safe Sport programs.
From Ralph Nowacki's Blog on the SI Swimming website:
Mission Statement: USA Swimming is committed to safeguarding the well-being of all its members, with the welfare of its athlete members as the top priority.
1. USA Swimming believes that every member should have a safe, healthy, fun sport environment.
2. USA Swimming believes that every young person should be protected from abuse and safe from harm.
3. USA Swimming believes that all non-athlete members share a collective responsibility to protect our membership.
4. USA Swimming will make available training for all members to increase awareness and understanding of athlete protection policies and best practices. USA Swimming will provide a process for members to recognize and respond to any Safe Sport issues that arise.
5. USA Swimming will provide resources, information, and guidance on Safe Sport related issues to all members, including coaches, parents and athletes.
6. USA Swimming will treat all allegations of abuse or concerns regarding athlete safety seriously and will respond appropriately and as prescribed by the USA Swimming Rules and Regulations.
The SI LSC also promotes the program via the website and by informing parents, coaches and swimmers of the aspects of the program at meets or through the member teams. All coaches and officials have to be trained about the Safe Sport Program prior to being certified for their positions. The LSC has a Safe Sport Chairman that may be contacted through the SI offices or via e-mail. There is also training available using a free, on-line training module on the USA Swimming website under the Parents section plus additional literature.
Please check these out for the safety of your swimmer and your own education.