Dayton Raiders Swim Academy
Why Dayton Raiders Swim Academy is the number one learn to swim program in Dayton:
- Low instructor-to-swimmer-ratio of 4:1 for the first 6 levels.
- All of our instructors are trained coaches. These coaches focus on creating a positive environment which encourages swimmers to stick with it and keep trying until they acquire the skills they need to accomplish the goals to progress to the next station level.
- Swimmers progress through the SwimAmerica stations at their own pace. Once a skill is mastered and the goal for a station is reached, swimmers immediately move to the next level.
- Our coaches are trained to teach swimmers using verbal, visual and tactile instruction, so no matter what type of learner your swimmer is, they will get the instruction they need to be successful.
- DR Swim Academy is headed up by the same people leading the most successful swim team in Ohio, the Dayton Dayton Raiders Swim Club. John Ravestein is one of the top swimming coaches in the country and the area's aquatic development experts.
- Our goal is for each and every one of our swimmers to have a lifetime of SAFETY, CONFIDENCE and FUN in and around the water!
- We teach children and adults a lifelong skill that can save their life. Swimmers that complete the academy program are knowledgeable about water safety and confident in their swimming abilities. Whether the goal is to develop basic survival skills, have the ability to participate in a wide range recreational aquatic activities including fitness activities, boating or even possible participation in a competitive swimming program, everyone should learn how to swim correctly.
SwimAmerica, a nationally certified learn to swim curriculum, is the nation’s leading swim school. The SwimAmerica lesson curriculum is a technique-oriented program, created by the American Swimming Coaches Association. This state of the art learn-to-swim program has been developed by the same coaches who have brought you the most successful sport team on the planet, the USA Olympic Swimming Team. What our coaches have learned teaching people to set world records, we use to teach new swimmers to enjoy swimming with the best technique in the world.