PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
As a parent of a swimmer (or swimmers) and member of the New Albany Aquatics Club, I agree to abide by the following guidelines and obligations:
1. Practice teamwork with all parents, swimmers, and coaches by supporting the values of Discipline, Loyalty, Commitment, and Hard Work.
2. As a parent, I will not coach or instruct the team or any swimmer at a practice or meets (from the stands or any other area) or interfere with the coaches on the pool deck.
3. I agree to demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting myself in a manner that earns the respect of my child (or children), other swimmers, parents, officials and the coaches at meets and practices.
4. I agree to maintain self-control at all times. I recognize that:
5. As a parent, I understand that criticism, name-calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward the coaches, officials, and/or any participating swimmer will not be permitted or tolerated.
6. Enjoy involvement with the New Albany Aquatics Club by supporting the swimmers, coaches, and other parents with positive communication and actions.
7. Fulfill my obligations to assist with duties assigned to New Albany Aquatics Clubs at meets, including timing.
8. Ensure that all payments due New Albany Aquatic Club are made in a timely manner so the Club is able to meets its obligations relating to pool rental, coaching salaries and meet entry fees.
9. I agree to abide by the New Albany Aquatics Club’s Fund Raising obligations for each family as set forth by the Board and the Fund Raising Committee.
I agree that should I conduct myself in such a way that brings discredit or discord to the New Albany Aquatics Club, or USA Swimming, I voluntarily subject myself to disciplinary action, including, but not limited to suspension or expulsion from the New Albany Aquatics Club.
Parent Signature Parent Signature
SWIMMER CODE OF CONDUCT
The following code of conduct is in effect throughout the year. Some of the rules and guidelines refer to swimmers traveling to out of town meets. Each swimmer by signing this Code of Conduct agrees to abide by the rules set forth and if the swimmer fails to do so, he or she will be subject to disciplinary action as deemed appropriate by the coaching staff.
1. Every New Albany Aquatics Club (hereinafter “NAAC”) swimmer will be respectful of their peers, coaches, and parents. Any swimmer not acting in such a manner will be asked to change or stop that behavior and if failing to do so, will be subject to disciplinary action.
2. The coaching staff holds the final word on any rules, regulations, or disciplinary action.
3. The consumption or purchase of alcohol, smoking or chewing tobacco, or use of any other illegal substance of any kind will not be allowed. In addition, any team member found or suspected to be in the presence of others (regardless of team affiliation) partaking in any of the above activities will be subject to the same punishments and probable expulsion from NAAC.
4. While attending out of town meets, at no times will male and female athletes be in the same room together unless a coach or chaperone is in the room or has approved the situation. This applies to NAAC team members or members of any other team.
5. No loud or boisterous behavior will be tolerated in the hallways or public areas of any hotel, and such behavior should be kept to a minimum in your rooms.
6. Be punctual to all team practices, meetings and warm-up times.
7. All NAAC team members agree to abide by the rules, practice, and meet guidelines as set forth by the coach for their respective group and level.
I recognize my responsibility to abide by the rules and requirements of the New Albany Aquatics Club and I acknowledge that my coach has informed me their expectations and rules.
Swimmer ________________________ ___________Date _______________________________