Opportunity: USA Swimming Club Team Coaching Positions (Age Group, Developmental)
Valley Swim Team Phoenix is a USA Swimming team located in Strasburg, Virginia with a focus on Swimming excellence and character building. The Team is currently averaging 50 full-time swimmers ages 5 -18. We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic person with the ability to support our coaching staff as we grow the team and achieve our Vision to be the area’s top competitive swim program. We support continuing coaching education and have an established mentoring program with a nationally recognized, Olympic level program in the Northern Virginia / Potomac Valley Regions.
The correct candidate(s) should possess the following skill set:
- Experience and knowledge in all levels of competitive swimming
- Strong leadership that includes the knowledge of best practices for teaching and team-building
- Ability to Communicate well with parents and swimmers of all ages
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to grow the team
- Professionalism, maturity, leadership and integrity
- Good management, organizational, computer and administration skills are a must.
Candidate will be hired by the Parent Advisory Committee and must be willing to work with a supportive board to ensure success on all levels. Preferred candidate qualities include:
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing (position dependent)
- Three or more years coaching experience with a year-round USA Swimming club
- Coaching or competitive swimming experience at the Collegiate or National Level preferred
- Swim Program Development and Management
- College degree preferred.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certifications
- ASCA Level 2 or 3 certification
- Experience with common team administrative tools: Hytek Team Manager & Meet Manager
- Share management of daily swim team operations and administration with the board of directors.
- Develop age-appropriate swim programs including goal setting and evaluations. Inspire and challenge each swimmer to achieve their goals and develop positive self-esteem.
- Develop daily workout plans for all age-groups and lead practices with the older age-groups.
- Manage assistant coaches.
- Work with all coaches to design practice schedule and group structure that is cohesive.
- Assign duties and supervise on-deck coaching for all age group levels.
- Develop meet schedules, travel plans and coaching assignments.
- Communicate well with families and the Parent Advisory Committee including participation in parent meetings, website updates and regular coaching reports.
- Recruit and retain swimmers, including marketing to the community.
- Help develop and implement fundraising initiatives.
- Be the team’s representative with the Virginia LSC and attend meetings where appropriate
Facility: VSTP currently practices exclusively at the Signal Knob Recreation Center in Strasburg, Virginia.
Compensation: Salary range is commensurate with experience. Club covers cost of travel meet expenses and professional dues. Opportunities for additional income may be available with team growth and fundraising success. Team willing to support additional training and certifications related to swimming.
Start Date: Position will remain open until filled. Position is immediately available.
Please direct cover letter, resumes and references to: Jessica De Jong (firstname.lastname@example.org).