On behalf of the entire Montclair Seahawks Swim Team, I would like to welcome your team to our pool at the Montclair Country Club. The club is located at 16500 Edgewood Drive in Montclair (Dumfries). The pool has six lanes, a small pool deck for spectators to set up tents and plenty of room to view and cheer on the swimmers.
As host of the meet we are going to reserve the pool deck for the Visiting team's families. When this area fills up, please feel free to set up your tents in the taped off area of the parking lot. The Montclair Country Club does have a private golf course and part of the parking lot will be blocked off to save parking for golfers. There should be plenty of parking in the main lot, in the tennis parking lot across the street and on Edgewood Drive.
Our concessions team will be very busy to make sure there is plenty of coffee and donuts starting at 6:00 AM. Starting around 7:00 AM they will have Chick-Fil-A sandwiches available. We use a ticket system to help speed up service. Tickets can be purchased at a table next to the pool entrance for $1.00 per ticket.
We will not be printing heat sheets and should have them available Friday online so people can print them at home. You can click on the Heat Sheets tab to find them.
The following is a summary of what will we need in regards to volunteers.
- Meet officials – one starter, one referee, and six trained stroke & turn officials . Please bring your starter, fully charged, as a backup.
- Head Timer - This individual will work with our Head Timer.
- Timers/Recorders – we will be running two shifts, 7:00 – 9:30 & 9:30 – Noon. The following will be needed:
- Two timers for lanes 1, 3, & 5
- One timer and one recorder for lanes 2, 4, & 6
- Clerk of course – we will have two shifts and will need at least three people per shift.
- Scorers – we will have two shifts and need two scorers and one verifier per shift.
- Runners – one runner per shift will be needed with an extra person available for the 8 & under heats.
- Computer – please have your computer person bring their computer and printer.
- Relays - Visiting team will have lanes 2,4,6 for all relays.
Meet officials should plan on meeting at 6:30 and Timer/Recorders at 6:45.
The anticipated timeline for the meet will be as follows:
- 5:30 AM – Deck will be available for families to set up tents.
- 6:15 AM – Warm ups for Montclair Seahawks
- 6:35 AM – Warm ups for Visiting Team
- 7:00 AM – National Anthem
- 7:03 AM – Meet begins
We will need to get the pool open by noon and ask that everyone does their best to remove trash.
If you have any questions then please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
President, Montclair Seahawks Swim Team