On behalf of the entire Montclair Seahawks Swim Team, I would like to welcome your team to our pool at the Montclair Country Club. The club is located at 16500 Edgewood Drive in Montclair (Dumfries). The pool has six lanes and plenty of room to cheer on swimmers!
Please do not enter the Montclair Country Club parking lot from Waterway Drive. There is no parking or stopping allowed along Waterway Drive. Please do not enter the Montclair Country Club parking lot from Waterway Drive, there is no swim parking accessible from this entrance. Please set up your tents in the roped off area in the parking lot immediately outside the pool gate, or in grassy areas adjacent to Edgewood drive.
The Montclair Country Club does have a private golf course and tennis club and parts of the parking lots will be blocked off to save parking for golfers. Please be aware of roped off parking areas and do not move any ropes, cones or other objects from parking spots. There is plenty of parking in the "upper" lot outside the pool area, in the tennis parking lot across Edgewood Drive, and on Edgewood Drive and adjacent streets - please respect our neighbors as you arrive and leave. Please do not set up pop-ups around the golf club buildings or driving range.
Our concessions team will be very busy to make sure there is plenty of coffee and donuts starting at 6:00 AM.
We will not be printing heat sheets; they should be available for email or download.
- Meet officials – one starter and one referee for the meet, and 2-4 stroke & turn officials per shift. Please bring your starter, fully charged, as a backup.
- One head timer per shift
- Timers/Recorders – we will be running two shifts, 7:00 – 9:30 & 9:30 – Noon. The following will be needed:
- Two timers for lanes 1, 3, & 5
- One timer and one recorder for lanes 2, 4, & 6
- Clerk of course – we will have two shifts and will need at least three people per shift.
- Scorers – we will have two shifts and need two scorers/verifiers per shift.
- Runners – one runner per shift will be needed with an extra person available for the 8 & under heats.
- Computer – please have your computer person bring their computer and printer as a backup.
- Relays - Visiting team will have lanes 2,4,6 for all relays.
- Equipment: Please bring stopwatches for your timers, along with your fully charged starter, computer, and printer as backups.
Meet officials should plan on meeting at 6:30 and Timer/Recorders at 6:45.
The anticipated timeline for the meet will be as follows:
- 5:30 AM – Parking lot available for families to set up tents.
- 6:10 AM – Warm ups for Montclair Seahawks
- 6:30 AM – Warm ups for Visiting Team
- 7:00 AM – National Anthem
- 7:03 AM – Meet begins
We will need to get the pool open by noon and ask that everyone does their best to remove trash.
If you have any questions then please feel free to contact me at [email protected].
President, Montclair Seahawks Swim Team