Chinquapin Wahoos Info Center
Summer Swim Team & Swim Clinic
|Get TEXT reminders, schedule changes or weather cancellations on your cell phone
To subscribe from your phone, send a text "@teamwahoos" to 81010
You may subscribe multiple numbers per family. See pictorial here.
You do NOT need a smartphone. You do NOT have to use the Remind app.
QUESTIONS should be directed to the following:
- Unable to login? Not receiving Wahoos emails? Are you sure you are using the correct email address?DOUBLE CHECK YOUR CITY REGISTRATION. We create your teamwahoos.org account with the email address that you or your children's guardian provided in the city registration. Find what that email address was. Login with that email address and you can change it later. It takes a few days after you registered with the City for your registration data to come to us. Once we have the registration data, we will create and activate your account and notify you via that email address.
- We are volunteers. To join, please register through the City of Alexandria Aquatic program.
- Who has the ribbons? Talk to Sylvia (Alex Guevarra's mom) at practice, meets or socials.
- All swim-related (practice times, techniques, DQs, etc.): Coach B
- Team Rep & General Questions:
Kelly Davis (Julia's mom), Marissa Puckett Blais (Lawson's and Sawyer's mom)
- Meet Signups and Results: John Sherry (Ethan and Bennett's dad)
- Socials & Activities: Kelly Davis (Julia's mom)
- Swag & SpiritWear: Brian Blais (Lawson and Sawyer's dad)
- Concessions: Linda Miranda (Nathan and Tristan's mom)
- Officials Training: Ulysses Trey Billips (more officials urgently needed!)
- Team Fees & Financial Statements: TBD
- Equipment: (lead needed)
- Media Relations: Marisha Goldhamer (Ethan & Bennett's mom)
SELF SERVICE ITEMS:
- To reset your password, go to the login page
- To change or add email addresses, go to your account
- To receive team text messages (via Remind), see above. If you're still not getting any texts, it's an issue to be sorted out with Remind.com help staff.
- To unsubscribe from team text messages: see Remind.com Help section
- To unsubscribe from team emails: see the email for the unsubscribe link
REGISTRATION: We are a summer program facilitated by the City of Alexandria's Youth Sports Office. This team Website is run by volunteers and we do not process registrations. Instead, click HERE to register on the City of Alexandria's Webtrac. You will be required to login with your household account. There may be multiple time slots listed. You may pick any of them because you will be following the MORNING and AFTERNOOON practice schedules listed in our INFO CENTER instead. If you have any issue with WebTrac, please contact the City staff, not the Chinquapin Wahoos Booster volunteers. Chinquapin Wahoos Swim Team "Activity Number" is 134350.
FEES: There are 2 payments. First, as part of registration on the City's Webtrac, you pay the program fee, which covers the practice facility and coaching, to the City of Alexandria. Separately, you will pay a team fee to the Chinquapin Wahoos Boosters. The team fee is assessed per family and it is needed to pay for the Colonial Swim League and other operational/material costs not covered by the City. The fee is $40 for one swimmer or $80 for two or more swimmers in a family. The fees must be paid before your child enters the water! Please mail the team fee to the address given on the receipt you received from the City upon signing up for the team.
PAYMENT ASSISTANCE: The Chinquapin Wahoos Boosters, a volunteer organization that runs the swim team, may be able to provide payment assistance on a case-by-case basis. Reach out to the "General Questions" point of contact.