News

Samantha Carpenter

Please visit AquaKids New Team Store at: https://aquakids-team-store.square.site/

Hello AquaKids Swim Parents, Please request the NEW Team App to get the latest AquaKids News and Team Updates! You must be a registered Aquakids member to gain access to this team app. Sincerely, Coach Steve

The Psych sheet and timeline for the Bob Courtway Invite this weekend is now up in the Event Tab

Remember, no practice Friday Oct 7th due to the team hosted swim meet. Orange swimmers may come Tuesday or Thursday instead if they wish.

Chloe Sutton: How to talk yourself out of a race By Chloe Sutton, Special to Universal Sports Swimming is hard work and when you arrive to a swim meet, you're expected to be able to perform at your best. Getting best times is really difficult. A best time is the fastest you have ever gone, ever! How can your coach expect you to be able to do that? Yeah sure, you've been working really hard on your turns and you've been swimming faster then ever in practice, but how can...

The team handout on Nutrition for Top Performance is now up on the team page tab.

IT'S ALL IN THE WATER This week's Speedo Tip of the Week comes from USA Swimming Team Physician Dr. Jim Miller. Dr. Miller, who also writes a monthly health column for the USA Swimming newsletter, offers advice on staying properly hydrated. While most tennis players, soccer players and runners know the importance of hydration, swimmers frequently overlook this critical key to performance. Swimmers do not see the fluid loss, so most do not think about it. Here are some questions to consider that will impact how you approach hydration during...

NUTRITION CENTER- NUTRITIONAL CHEAT SHEET Feb 1, 2011 Nutritional Cheat Sheet BY MIKE MEJIA, M.S., C.S.C.S//Special Correspondent Keep in mind that in order for nutrition to have an appreciable impact on your performance, you have to eat the right way on a year-round basis. Not that you can't occasionally indulge in some fast food, or sweets; just make sure that your daily diet follows the 80% rule, meaning that you make the right choices at least 80% of the time and reserve the other 20% percent for some of your...

Remember, no practice Monday with Labour Day. Start mornings this week. Tues/Thurs/Fri 5:30-7AM.

All high school swimmers need to go to the high school arena on Thursday Sept 1st for suit sizing.