Foreign Swimming Visitors


There are some different rules (or a special form) for "foreign" swimmers to be covered by insurance.

  1. Swimmers must be registered with their country's FINA associated swimming organization.

  2. We need 2 weeks notice to file the request with USA-Swimming to get an "invitation" form approved (click here for info & forms for foreign visitors or fill out the Foreign Athlete Meet Appl Form).

  3. Country Exceptions (no forms needed) - USA-S Policy: "USA Swimming has an "open border" policy with Puerto Rico, Canada, Bermuda and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Travel documents are not necessary for their athletes or clubs traveling to the United States and are not necessary for USA Swimming's athletes traveling to these countries."