MMAC Team Update 1.15

Nicole Thompson

Dear Parents,

I want to continue providing you with updates for a return to swim as they become available. At this time, we don't have good news. The governor has moved three regions out of Tier 3 mitigations which doesn't include region 9. Also, IHSA postponed making a decision regarding sports. IHSA have delayed their meeting until 1.27. They will look to meet on 1.27 and determine the framework to resume high school athletics. At this time, D156 is still waiting on that decision before allowing outside activities usage to resume. The coaches and I will continue to send pool workouts (for those getting lap time at other facilities), dryland workouts, and video workouts. We will work on extending our winter season into April. It will allow us to make-up for the lost training time and transition right up to summer swim team. More information will be sent as we get a return to practice date. 

Have a good weekend,

Nicole