Oak Harbor Meet Update

Tim Senholtz
Feb 7, 2019

Good Afternoon WEST Families,


As we approach the weekend we wanted to touch base with everyone regarding the meet in Oak Harbor.


We understand the forecast for this weekend may impact the Oak Harbor swim meet, however meets are rarely cancelled due to weather. We are planning to attend if they continue to run the meet and will be modifying practice on Friday to help with travel  time. Our coaches are making arrangements to stay in Oak Harbor and minimize travel. Each family must evaluate their circumstances and make their own decision on whether to attend or not. As a reminder, meet entry fees are paid in advance to the host team and will not get refunded if swimmers do not attend the meet. While we hope everyone can attend, we certainly don't want anyone putting themselves at risk and will not penalize swimmers for not attending.


We also have this update from the hosting team:


“2/7/19:  We have become busy weather watchers the last two days.  We hate to cancel or postpone, but those are possibilities with this storm.  We will continue to monitor the weather for possible changes, and pass along a decision about cancelation/postponement by 3 pm tomorrow (Friday, 2/8/19).  We appreciate everyone's interest in our meet and understanding with the uncertain weather conditions.”


We will pass along any information as soon as we can.



WEST Coaching Staff