FEC Stingray's Boosters

FEC Rec & Park District
2201 Cottage Way
Sacramento, CA 95825

Important Information

Kristin and Steven Elser

Good evening Stingray Families,

 I hope this email finds everyone safe and healthy.  I know everyone is missing evenings by the pool watching our kids train and chatting with our swim team “family” as much as I am.  Please know the Booster Board is working closely with the FEC Recreation and Park District to figure out what our swim season will look like.  As you all know, right now the governor’s orders and the orders of the Department of Public Health prohibit us from beginning our season.  Please see the message below from the Park District:

The Fulton-El Camino Recreation and Park District (FEC) has cancelled and closed the following classes, leagues and facilities following Governor Newsom’s and the California Dept. of Public Health’s orders and guidance regarding the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). These cancellations and closures will be in effect until at least May 31:

This closure includes the pool, and activities related to it (I.e. Synchro and Swim Teams). We will have a better understanding of possible changes to the Executive Order on or after May 22, 2020. We are a part of the Nor Cal Swim League (see attached letter).  They have a board meeting on May 27, 2020 to determine what the 2020 swim season will look like. On June 1,  expect to hear about that outcome.

We appreciate everyone’s understanding during this rapidly evolving, fluid situation. These park district closures were made based on the Governor’s March 12 Executive Order, which stated, in part, “All residents are to heed any orders and guidance of state and local public health officials, including but not limited to the imposition of social distancing measures, to confront the spread of COVID-19.”

Thank you,(

Ryan Harder(

Recreation Supervisor(

Fulton- El Camino Recreation and Park District

The Booster Board will be shredding all volunteer checks on May 25, 2020 unless you email the board notifying them you would like your check returned.  I look forward to learning more on June 1!  Please stay safe and well so we can all be together soon!

Marla Van Laningham

FEC Booster President


NCSL Letter

April 27, 2020
To Norcal Swim Teams,
The NCSL board met on April 22, 2020 to discuss whether we will be able to move forward with
a 2020 swim season in light of COVID-19 restrictions. Unfortunately, at this time, we still do not
have enough information to make a decision on the 2020 swim season.
The board will be meeting again on May 27, 2020. Our goal is to make a decision regarding the
upcoming season as soon as possible and should the state's guidance change, we will promptly
hold an emergency meeting. Currently, our next board meeting is scheduled for May 27, 2020.
The board discussed a number of options, assuming we are able to have an official 2020
season, including modifying or postponing swim champs; to conducting modified or remote
swim meets. We also discussed the potential disparity between public and private clubs’ access
to pools and are looking at how best to deal with this issue. Finally, we discussed, if the season
is cancelled, whether to allow the 18- year-old swimmers who age out this season to be allowed
to participate next year.
Should we be unable to hold an official 2020 season, we anticipate allowing teams that have
access to pools to be able to participate in unofficial meets with other NCSL or local swim
Thank you for your patience as we work to make the best decisions for our swimmers and
Norcal Swim League Representatives